MSA Professional is not showing the reading on the computer screen. What do I do?
If error messages like “Unable to open communication port”, “Bad Trigger Handle”, or a “Device Check” occur then try this procedure:
1. This usually due to mismatched COM port settings between a USB/Serial adapter and MSA Setting.
a. Win 7 – Click [Start] button, right-click [Computer], choose the Manage menu option, and then click Device Manager.
b. Win 8/Win 10 – Right-click [Start] button, [Device Manager] or [Computer Management], and then Device Manager
2. Click the [+] or arrow next to the category “Ports (COM & LPT)” to expand it.
3. Make a note of the devices listed in this category, specifically the COM number (i.e. “COM 3”).
4. Within the BioScan software click the Tools menu at the top of the screen and select the Settings menu option.
5. Switch to the Box Controls tab at the top of the Settings window.
6. In the Settings window change the Serial Port or Com Port number to match the number obtained in Step 3 above.
7. Click the [OK] button in in the bottom right corner of the Settings screen.
If the above steps do not work, please perform these additional steps:
1. Within the BioScan software click the Tools menu at the top of the screen and select the Settings menu option.
2. Switch to the Options tab at the top of the Settings window.
3. Click the button [More Box Controls]4. Place a check next to the option “Disable probe switch”.
5. Click the [OK] button in in the bottom right corner of the Pipe Server screen.
6. Click the [OK] button in in the bottom right corner of the Settings screen.
How do I connect my MSA Professional/MSA 21 to my computer through a USB Port?
IHT recommends that you purchase a USB to serial adapter cable that converts the 9 pin serial port to a USB connection. The adapter connects between an open USB port on the computer, and your existing serial cable. The adapter is not intended to be ...
How do I transfer my database from one computer to another computer?
Back Up 1. From Windows click [Start Button], All-Programs or All-Apps, MSA or BioScan or SRT, Backup 2. This will start the Database Backup Wizard. 3. After reading the welcome screen, click the [Next] button. 4. Click the [Select ...
Can I upgrade from MSA Professional to a BioScan System?
Yes, you can! While these are beautiful devices and have been highly reliable for over 20 years, the MSA Professional systems have been out of new production since 2005 and the boards which power the device are no longer available. IHT is offering an ...
How do I restore my database back onto the computer?
1. If the back-up data is on a USB Flash drive, then insert the USB Flash Drive into an available port on the computer. 2. From Windows click [Start Button], All-Programs or All-Apps, MSA or BioScan or SRT, Restore 3. This will start the Database ...
Does the Power Supply for both the MSA Professional and the BioScan work in both the 120v and 220v environment?
Yes. As the leading worldwide supplier of EAV Devices, IHT provides a power supply for both the MSA Professional and BioScan Devices which are rated to handle voltages below 120v (USA Standard) and up to 240v (maximum known Voltage). Customers ...